Updated: Jun 17
𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗧𝗔𝗚𝗦... I’m often asked what are you hashtags, do I need to use them ? Short answer is 𝗬𝗘𝗦 !!
𝘏𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘶𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 & 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘳 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥.
Firstly though, lets talk about 𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗧𝗔𝗚 𝗚𝗢𝗔𝗟𝗦 ?
Do you have any ? Do you even know why you might need some..?
Your hashtag goals are super important for effective instagram usage and growth and should aim to be as follows;
1) to make your post and account discoverable
2) to enable your posts to trend in 𝗧𝗢𝗣 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝟵 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵
3) to help you gain exposure to new accounts over a period of 1-2 days
4) 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝘆 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝘄𝗻!
For hashtags to even work on Instagram your profile HAS to be public, otherwise don’t bother using them :) ..
𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗪𝗛𝗬 you want to be using hashtags and how important they are here are my 𝘁𝗼𝗽 10 hashtag tips...
1) Use Hashtags in both your grid posts & your Instagram stories, for exposure. 2) Think of hashtags as 𝗞𝗘𝗬 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗦. Use ones specific to your business niche and brand. 3) Avoid using hashtags with too many uses, if an account is under 10k followers try sticking to hashtags that have under 100,000 uses. 4) If you add your hashtags to your 1st comment make sure these are posted 𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗽, within the1st 1-2 minutes for the algorithm to take them into consideration. 5) Make sure you are using all 30 of the hashtag allowance per post, 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲 golden chances to be discovered in the recent & top post feeds. 6) Don't use hashtags in your bio unless they are very specific to you, otherwise you are sending traffic to other’s content! 7) To find hashtags use instagram's internal search bar. Choose those relevant to your image OR use Google’s keyword planner to help you select key words - find those that fit your niche and are key to your business. Consider; location, colour, branded, topic, time, specific to niche, emotions, YOU & your business (stay relevant), those describing & detailing events. 8) Watch out for banned hashtags as these will affect your post reach. 9) Create multiple lists of 30 and use them alternately so that you aren’t competing with yourself each day. 10) Be Unique - try unique campaign or giveaway hashtags to enable easy winner selection, to track content.
WHY ARE SOME HASHTAGS BANNED ? - FIND OUT HERE
For regular news and social media updates sign up for my newsletter - no spam allowed :)
Keep an eye on the blog here