WHAT ARE YOUR HASHTAG GOALS ?
Do you have any ? Do you even know why you might need some..? Your hashtag goals are super important for effective instagram usage and growth and should aim to be as follows; 1) to make your post and account discoverable 2) to enable your posts to trend in TOP and the RECENT 9 posts in search 3) to help you gain exposure to new accounts over a period of 1-2 days 4) to help you get reposted and hopefully by accounts with a larger following than your own!
Here are some of my top tips for effective hashtag use on the instagram platform ..
1) For hashtags to even work on Instagram your profile HAS to be public, otherwise don’t bother using them 🙂 2) Think of hashtags as KEY WORDS. Use Keywords which are specific to your business niche and brand. 3) Avoid using hashtags with too many uses…. if the account is under 10k followers then try sticking to hashtags that have under 100,000 uses.
4) If you are adding your hashtags to your 1st comment which is matter of choice you MUST make sure these are posted immediately and within the 1st 1-2 minutes.
5) Make sure you are using all 30 of the hashtag allowance per post. If you’re not then you are wasting golden chances to be discovered in the recent and top post feeds. 6) If you are adding your hashtags to your 1st comment which is matter of choice you MUST make sure these are posted immediately and within the 1st 1-2 minutes. 7) How to find hashtags..? use instagram’s internal search bar and choose those relevant to your image OR use Google’s keyword planner which will help you select key words which you use as hashtags – find those that fit your niche and are key to your business.
8) Think about the type of hashtags you could use, these could be specific to; – location, colour, branded, caption topic, time, specific to niche, emotions, ones about YOU and your business (whilst keeping relevance key at all times), try campaign competition & giveaway hashtags, those describing and detailing events…. AND OF COURSE – what’s in the image itself!
9) Watch out for banned hashtags as these will affect how far your post reach will go.. contact me for more info on banned hashtags OR sign up to my mailing list for updates
10) Create multiple lists of 30 ( maybe 2/3/4) and use them alternately so that you aren’t competing with your own posts….switch between your sets as the week goes on and see how that effects the success of your posts!
So, those are just SOME of my top hashtag tips to get you started on your way to hashtag excellence! For more in depth information regarding hashtags or Instagram marketing, and Pinterest marketing and for any details of my 1-2-1 coaching plans and power hours please click here
Until next time .. or join the mailing list HERE
PS remember.. ‘Be a Pineapple’ (Kat Gaskin) ALWAYS !