TELLING YOUR STORY ON PINTEREST
‘Pinterest is about, connecting with yourself’ – ‘A positive place to be inspired’.
WHAT ARE STORY PINS?
Story Pins are multi-page Pins that enable you to can add images, videos, captions, and so much more. Story pins are a tool to help your brand inspire your audience.
They’re a clean, fresh and simple way to create a different form of content for our audience, content which generates a little more immediate action and gives your audience a super useful and quick resolution to their problem or search, they’re also for fun and engagement.
You can use Story Pins to:
- Create a step-by-step guide, project or recipe
- Upload multiple short videos with additional descriptive text or text overlay
- Customise the colours and fonts in your Pin
- Improve your targeting with topic tagging
- Curate a collection of products
- Tell a story in a brand new way
What Pinterest USERS are saying about using NEW Story Pins…
Pinterest is trying to use story pins as a way to shine a light on ‘creators’ (that’s us business owners or Marketers by the way) and using Story Pins to increase engagement, to then increase traffic AND some creators doubled their traffic thanks to the increased engagement from story pins.
Story Pins have only been around a short while but from what we know of them so far they’re proving to be a BIG hit
“My Story Pins see instantaneous reach. They’re getting a lot of love—my audience is up 166%. And speaking of love, I love how beautiful they look.” “Since starting to share Story Pins, my total audience has increased by 66% and my engagements 72%. Super exciting.”
WHAT IS THE POINT BEHIND STORY PINS?
The very nature of the format of Story Pins suggests some big moves for Pinterest.
Traffic has for many years been its main goal as a platform of search and discovery and whilst this continues there’s also a distinct shift in strategy here.
1) Whereas the older beta version sent traffic via each frame of a story pin to a URL, just as a standard Pins allows you to drive traffic, these NEW STORY PINS ARE ENCOURAGING and altogether different kind of behaviour and action.
In fact – each frame of the Pin won’t direct you to a URL but instead, encourage you to leave a ‘reaction’ just as you’d see on more traditional social media platforms and will enable you to show a more personal side to your business.
2) Each Story Pin will highlight a ‘clickable’ profile page avatar top right, encouraging you to tap and land on a Creators Account page, a drive towards encouraging you to ‘follow’ that account and to look forward to seeing more.
So quite unlike the recent historical nature of Pinterest which has never put much importance on followers, we could see this about to change…
The Pinterest platform looks set to become a kind of hybrid place on the internet, a mix between driving traffic and engagement and ‘being more social’
Thoughts behind this lead to needing to satisfy the quick gratification needs of generations Y AND Z !
WHY ARE STORY PINS SO GREAT?
Story Pins are unique. They help you to reach new people who are interested in what you’re creating because Pinterest shares your content with more than just your followers so using Story pins will help you grow your native audience,
CEO Ben Silbermann recently said of Story Pins at the company’s first global advertiser summit.
“they’re not like Instagram ones, they are about what you could do, or create not what you have already done or created”
- They appear to all users
- They’ll never disappear (they sit at the top of your account profile)
- They walk you through ideas step by step, inspiring you to do, buy or act
- AND – soon brands will be able to sponsor story pins !!
HOW DO I GET ACCESS TO STORY PINS IN THE UK?
Not all accounts have access to Story PIns yet BUT never fear, you can request access here
Once you have access, try them out. You can head here to get some awesome creative inspiration for Story PIns – note how simplistic they are but SO effective!
So, if you don’t have time to write a blog post about something so small and potentially trivial (that doesn’t warrant 300 words) BUT you have an idea or a subject that is relevant to your business and valuable to share with your ideal client and audience then –
CREATE A STORY PIN INSTEAD!
For more Pinterest knowledge and to keep up to date download The Power of Pinterest Ebook HERE – FOR FREE!